Semarang, Central Java
Gas Pipeline, Semarang, Central Java
Gresik East Java Indonesia
Meeting the needs of gas power plants and industries in East and Central Java with a 267-kilometer gas pipeline
About the project
A 267.22-kilometer gas pipeline that links Semarang in Central Java and Gresik town in East Java was constructed to provide a better gas distribution for gas power plants and industries in the area.
The pipeline, built with a diameter of 28 inches, provides an efficient flow capacity of up to 500 million standard cubic feet per day (MMSCFD) of gas through seven cities and regencies in Semarang, Grobogan, Demak, Lamongan Bojonegoro, Blora, and Gresik.
- Length – 267.22 km
- Diameter – 28 inch
- Flow capacity – up to 500 MMSCFD
Total Crossings Finished:
10 crossings with a total length of about 3.5 km
- Tixobent API
- BMS 500 Polymer
PT Pertamina Gas (Pertagas)
- PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) TBK
- PT Remaja Bangun Kencana Kontraktor (Rebana)
- PT Kelsri
HDD Project Challenges
- Soil profile combination is a very sticky clay mixture in certain areas with a sandy formation.
- Certain railway crossing contains heavy train traffic within every few minutes, therefore we ensure that the mud drilling process can support the boreholes whenever a train passes on the railway.